We’re looking for an inspirational, entrepreneurial, sales professional with a track record of success in New Business Development to join our fun and ambitious team. As a BDM you will lead your territory to success via a commercial mindset that aligns The Scalers capabilities with new partner requirements.
● Role is to be based in London.
● Launch the Belgium, Netherlands and Nordic region and be responsible for the delivery of revenue allocation.
● Understand the target market, including industry, company, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients.
● Research prospective accounts in target markets, locate, develop, define, and close business relationships to enhance market position.
● First 6-8 months, will be 100% business development, manage the full sales cycle, from prospecting to opportunity generation, contract negotiation and close. Once you have built a good pipeline you will be allocated an SDR to support on lead generation activities.
● Build and maintain a consistent deal pipeline to the value of €2,5 million in year 1 increasing to €6 million in year 2.
● Develop quotes and proposals for prospective clients - work with Marketing to create additional market collaterals required.
● Close and win new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations via partner success team.
● Support your allocated SDR with training and development.
● Attending and represent the company at conferences and industry events.
● Build a network with tech leaders across mid-large companies in Europe (CTO / CIO / SVP Engineering / Head of Digital / Director of Transformation / Head of Software Development).
● Collaborate with marketing to identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
● Maintain CRM and Database accuracy. Log all activities and actions and stay on top of your pipeline deliverables.
You’ll thrive in this position if...
● You have go-to-market experience in the BeNeLux or Nordics region.
● You love technology and enjoy uncovering challenges facing VP/CTO/CIO level execs.
● You have a good understanding of the Software Development landscape, including but not limited to DevOps, Cloud and Internet technologies.
● You are open to travel in order to build relationships and attend networking opportunities.
● You have a positive mindset and can work as part of a team while being remote.
● Exceptional communication skills and fluency in both English and Dutch.
● Are a native Dutch speaker.
- Lead generation, prospecting and sales planning.
- Negotiation and closing.
- Territory Management.
- Meeting and Exceeding sales targets.
- Presentation skills.
- Energy levels.
● Degree educated in Tech / Business or equivalent experience in technology field.
● Track record in delivering high value deals from scratch.
● Skilled at prospecting and initiating conversation with C-level executives in tech companies.
● Comfortable selling F2F and on-line.
● Experience selling to mid-large and enterprise companies (500+ FTE).
● Experience selling a custom, long-life solution (we are not transactional).
● Fluent written and spoken English and Dutch with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What you will get:
- Be part of the European expansion team.
- Autonomy to develop your market and potential to scale a team.
- 25 Days paid holiday + bank holidays.
- Hybrid / flexi working (office and home based).
- Opportunity to travel to Bangalore (and within your target region).
- Private health care.
- Pension contribution.
About The Scalers:
The Scalers help tech leaders at global companies expand their core software development teams, by partnering with them to source, hire, build, and retain an offshore team of highly-skilled senior engineers who become an integral part of their organisation for the mid-long term.
Our proven team building model is a perfect combination of tailored recruitment, managed on-the-ground operations, and cultural alignment. No resource managers, no contractors, no outsourcing, just genuine colleagues in Bangalore!