Our Partner International Funds Limited (MIFL) is a management company that undertakes significant proprietary R&D and collaborates with selected international partners, leveraging on its open innovation platform and proprietary process (MedInSynC®), with a view towards developing in house solutions tailored to meet clients’ needs
As an established organisation setting up operations in Bangalore, we are seeking highly-skilled, professional and committed people who understand the importance of our service to customers across the world and our environmental responsibility.
The Data Engineer role will focus on building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases). Data engineers also need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and tests these data models, data imports and reports to meet business requirements, including supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Uses Azure Data Factory / Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and associated SQL tools to build, test, deploy and support a range of ETL processes.
- Works closely with the business to understand their problems and operational needs.
- Encourage service-oriented design patterns and modular development of all our solutions.
- Maintains data pipelines, measuring performance and ensuring good data quality by implementing adequate monitoring.
- Creates structured and ad-hoc reports using Our Partner’s business intelligence tool of choice, Power BI
- Maintains required documents to support maintenance and knowledge building.
- Works with our Data Governance team in ensuring we comply with our data governance policy/procedures
- Works alongside multiple stakeholders with competing priorities and ensures robust documentation management.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management.
- Strong experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, T/SQL.
- Experience with Snowflake is advantageous but not required.
- Strong experience in working with large, heterogeneous datasets in building and optimizing data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional data integration technologies.
- Should have experience in ETL/ELT, data replication/CDC, message-oriented data movement, API design and access and up and coming data ingestion and integration technologies.
- Strong experience in working with and optimizing existing ETL processes and data
- integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production.
- Adept in agile methodologies and capable of applying DevOps and increasingly DataOps principles to data pipelines to improve the communication, integration, reuse and automation of data flows between data managers and consumers across an organization.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- 5 years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization and data quality. This experience must include the Microsoft stack (SQL Server; SSIS; T/SQL at a minimum).
- 3 years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative.
- Must have knowledge of SSIS and Azure Data Factory.
- Financial services experience specifically capital markets or funds industry is preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them to interpret the results and make effective decisions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of IT skills, data governance skills, and analytics skills with a technical or computer science degree.
Joining Our Partner will give you a fantastic opportunity to work in the most innovative space in an already innovative fast-growing company, rapidly adding achievements to your portfolio and playing a pivotal role in the growth of the organisation.