Our Partner is a worldwide leader in training, assistance and software adoption for Fortune 500 companies. Our patented technology is trusted by 15 of the top 20 banks, major international organizations and some of the largest hospital networks in the world.
We are in the process of building the new generation of our product suite with a much more scalable architecture, state of the art web technologies and AI/Machine learning functionalities.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer, to grow with our global development team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us to increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products.
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- 4 years of strong experience as a DevOps/System Engineer.
- Should be Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Extensive experience working with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, IBM and/or GCP)
- Should have strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Must have experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and support services.
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and efficiently with team members, with strong English communication both written and spoken
- B.S Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus
- Working in and with teams using Agile methodologies