PEI Group is a subscriber-focused business intelligence company that focuses on private investment markets in real estate, infrastructure, private equity, private debt, and specialist sector-specific activities within private asset classes. We provide industry-leading journalism, data, and market insight to subscribing clients via a wide portfolio of specialist brands supported by our robust and scalable digital publishing, analytics, and database platform.
Since its inception in 2001, we have grown into a subscriber-focused business intelligence company with our multi-talented global team of over 400 people, spread across EMEA, USA & Asia, our purpose is to inform and connect investment professionals across global, specialised markets.
As an Engineering Manager, You will provide technical leadership to a team of software engineers. Furthermore, you will help drive focus into front-end performance and optimising core metrics for our brands. You will lead the team in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications using the latest frameworks while ensuring code quality by introducing best practices and new standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product/Project Managers to plan, implement and deliver tasks and modules on time with best practices and adherence to standard processes..
- Manage the development pipeline to deliver features on schedule while maintaining a high bar for quality.
- Optimise software for maintainability, quality, performance, security, and scalability.
- Lead multiple development teams to ensure timely delivery of projects and adherence to quality standards.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the individuals and teams, setting clear expectations and objectives.
- Train, mentor, and coach developers at all career levels, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as design, user research, product management, and data engineering and data science, to deliver user-centric solutions.
- Spend a proportion of your time hands-on, contributing to and reviewing the architecture and code - leading by example and staying close to the tech.
- Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automation based on real data analysis
- Research and evaluate new technologies and trends in software development, recommending improvements and innovations.
- Prioritise to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software development with at least 3 years experience in Line Management.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management experience; has built and operated teams of highly skilled engineers.
- Experience with hiring, mentoring, upskilling and performance management.
- Experience building reliable and scalable software solutions with a team of software developers.
- Solid understanding of software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience with testing methodologies and automation technologies.
- Exceptional project management skills, including planning, executing, and delivering complex projects.
- Ability to operate in an Agile environment with a start-up mentality and unstructured environment.
- Must be a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent the team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading engineering teams.
- Driving a high-performance, collaborative and inclusive team culture in a fast-paced environment