Our Client is the leading source of data and intelligence for the Investment industry. Headquartered in London and with 8 global offices, our products and services are utilized by more than 60,000 professionals located in over 90 countries.
We are seeking a meticulous, organized and confident Development Manager with excellent communication skills. You’ll need a keen eye for the detail and the big picture. As a Development Manager, you must be experienced in managing multiple teams and projects, and report on them efficiently.
This is a major opportunity for any developer who is passionate about engineering innovative web services, and truly enjoys what they do. As part of this team, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to be involved in the full project lifecycle of our next generation internal tool and systems which currently enable our teams to streamline activities across all areas of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Solid understanding of software delivery lifecycle
- Strong experience of Agile delivery and the scrum master role
- Technical background desirable e.g. background in programming or automation QA experience
- Knowledge of software used daily e.g. BitBucket (git), JIRA, Excel
- Ability to discuss technical topics effectively with the technical team
- Knowledge of source control systems and how they are used in software delivery
- Understanding the release process and coordinating with Release Management function
- Working with HR to produce job descriptions for existing, new roles and reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates and make hiring decisions
- Managing absences, working from home, sickness, holiday and organise team socials & events
- Reporting manager for between 8 to 15 software engineers and making sure on the regular reporting on individuals and projects
- Supervising individual contributions to project deliverables and overall progress on projects
- Provide input on strategic decision making e.g. formation of teams with appropriate skill sets
- Define career and personal development paths with team members
- Enable training opportunities for individuals and team
- Regular 1 on 1s with team members to coach, mentor, listen and improve
- Defining objectives and key results across all individuals in the team
- Carryout the Quarterly and Annual Reviews and involve in salary adjustments/benefits & perks/promotions.
- Communicating status of the team up the management chain
- Communicating with peers and other functions across engineering
- Collaborate with other dev managers on cross-department initiatives
- Work with Architecture team to ensure best practices and overall vision are followed across Engineering
- Communicating news and decision making to the team
- Communicating and planning with other business departments e.g. Product, Marketing, Research and Sales
- Working with local HR and office administration to provide the best office space and working environment possible
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Total 9+ years of experience with a minimum of 1-year management experience
- Technical background preferred e.g. past experience as a software developer or automation QA
- Understanding of project management process and coordinating with Programme Management function