The Scalers builds world-class software development teams in Bangalore, India, for companies worldwide. With 400+ fantastic people across Ireland, London, Krakow, Bucharest and Bangalore and 30+ new hires every month, we are growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our team in Bangalore.
The continent spanning role will be based in Bangalore, India, reporting into the CFO based in Ireland. The successful candidate will take ownership of the day-to-day accounting and will oversee the finance team of four who are based in Bangalore, India. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Accounting Operating: Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost and Revenue Recognition
- Closing the company’s books: Primary responsibility is closing the company’s books in an accurate, timely and efficient way. Provide general accounting oversight and owners the financial close process.
- Approving invoices: Ensuring invoices are properly approved and coded in the general ledger.
- Cash flow management: Monitoring and balancing cash flows into and out of a business to meet obligations.
- Audit liaison: Coordinating with external financial, compliance and tax auditors.
- Internal controls: Creating and monitoring company policies and internal controls, especially spending controls, to safeguard company assets and reduce fraud.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with local law, tax provisions and relevant industry and financial regulations. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Reporting and analysis: Providing financial reporting and analysis to guide decision-making.
- Cost savings: Identifying efficiencies and opportunities for cost reductions across the business.
- Leadership: Mentoring and managing the accounting and financial staff.
- Payroll: Review payroll processing and tax compliance.
- External reporting: Preparing company tax and financial statements
- Banking: Setting up bank accounts and managing banking relationships.
- Stakeholder management: Advising company managers on operations activities based on knowledge of the underlying business.
- Payments: Review and approve payments
- System Implementation: We will be moving from the current accounting package of Quickbooks Online to a more suitable accounting system. The FC will play a big role in this implementation.
- Min. 5 years of overall experience in finance and currently working as a Financial Controller
- Very good knowledge of English as this is the working language of the group
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Ability to actively identify and mitigate risk and seek out business opportunities.
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and Taxation
- Experience with preparing financial statements
- Experience in financial controlling, tax accounting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to operate with stakeholders and good problem solving skills
- Good organisational, analytical and multi-tasking skills