PEI Group is a subscriber-focused business intelligence company that focuses on private investment markets in real estate, infrastructure, private equity, private debt, and specialist sector-specific activities within private asset classes. We provide industry-leading journalism, data, and market insight to subscribing clients via a wide portfolio of specialist brands supported by our robust and scalable digital publishing, analytics, and database platform.
Since its inception in 2001, we have grown into a subscriber-focused business intelligence company with our multi-talented global team of over 400 people spread across EMEA, USA & Asia, our purpose is to inform and connect investment professionals across global, specialised markets.
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will support and ensure the successful execution of existing and new subscription data & information, events and related membership products. You will also be responsible for planning, designing, and developing of efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organisational functions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, the product and IT delivery teams to analyse user needs and functional requirements.
- Creating artefacts, including user stories, specification or support documents, process flows and carrying out related admin tasks
- Working with our third-party developers as required throughout each 2-week sprint
- Analysing, testing and implementing new functionality as part of a larger project team
- Collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for the project and translating these into functional specifications.
- Liaising with Software Engineers, Project Managers, QA team, UX team and other stakeholders during various stages of the Project.
- Assist in project planning, estimation, and resource allocation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify areas for process optimization and efficiency enhancement.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience with testing methodologies within Agile/Scrum, iterative project management with continuous delivery
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in working with Excel.
- Experience in Data Mapping & Data Modelling.
- Experience working on complex analysis of datasets and data validation.
- Ability to understand and analyse requirements and write effective and efficient requirement specifications/user stories using INVEST criteria.
- Experience with B2B, publishing, subscription or data products is good to have.
- Agile/relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with marketing products/integrations e.g. Sailthru and Marketo is good to have.
- Experience working with UI Design Tools like Figma is an added advantage
- Experience working with Product analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, Parsely, and FullStory is a major plus.
- Experience working with data analysis tools like SQL is good to have.
- Exposure to CMS systems e.g. WordPress/Drupal is an added advantage.
- Certification in Business Analysis (e.g., CBAP, CCBA) is an added advantage.
- Hands-on with the practical use of techniques for planning and monitoring projects.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, project management processes and Agile methodologies.
- Great presentation skills.
- Ability to work with product owners and engineers with regard to timelines and scope clarity.
- Execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of BAs, providing coaching, guidance, and feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.