The Our Partner tradition of making the world’s finest candles dates back more than a century to the heart of New England, where American candle making has its roots. Today, our company is the global number one party plan company, selling candles and home décor in Europe, North America, and Australia.
As a Lead Magento Developer, you will be responsible for liaising with the design team, setting up Magento 2x sites, building modules and customizing extensions, testing the performance of each site, and maintaining security and feature updates after the installation is complete.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in architecture assessments, technical audits, Vendor evaluations, RFPs.
- Review Scope of Work and Change Orders for accuracy.
- Strong proficiency in software engineering principles, databases and data modelling/design techniques; data interface protocols; caching/performance improvements; software design patterns and integration patterns.
- Responsible for staying on top of industry standards and best practices for Magento.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- 7+ years of total experience in system integration, web application or platform development.
- Should have 2+ years of experience in Magento 2.x and Industry knowledge in eCommerce and web, B2B and B2C is a must.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Magneto’s Enterprise platform and expertise in developing complex LAMP internet applications
- Experience integrating with the rest of the eCommerce ecosystem and third-party APIs (OMS, CRM, ERP, WMS,…)
- Experience integrating with Payment Gateways with PCI standards
- Advanced knowledge PHP (using MVC frameworks), OO Application Development, MySQL, cache or no SQL data storage and Web Services.
- Experienced with Software Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Knowledgeable in container-based architecture. Microservices, orchestration and building apps as “functions” (i.e. AWS Lambda, Node/JS ad similar services).
- Experience working on Automation Servers like Jenkins and BitBucket
- Experience in Automated Testing Tools & scripting (NeoLoad) is a major plus
- Experience working with Content Management Systems like Drupal a plus.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and efficiently with team members, with a strong English communication both written and spoken
- B.S Degree in Computer Science
- Work within a successful, dynamic, small and growing team where personal development is highly valued.
We’re about passion, sharing opportunities, creating community, and helping others grow. Are you ready to find your success?