Our Partner is a technology-led financial services firm that supports private equity investors. Our Partner’s Engineering team drives our technology development and delivers cutting edge and innovative solutions to both our clients and internal teams.
As an established Fintech company, we are seeking creative and proactive QA engineers to help us define the future of our technology.
The QA Test Analyst will be part of the developing QA team and will support internal and external stakeholders by performing Quality Assurance Testing and supporting User Acceptance Testing, in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to be an advocate of quality and have a “Build Quality In” attitude.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take part in project meetings including stand-ups, sprint planning and refinement sessions, demos and retrospectives
- Define test strategies, write scripts and scenarios for assigned projects this could include new software solutions, client onboarding, reporting and data migration
- Recording and reporting on test execution, defects and communicating recommendations to the project team for go/no-go decisions on deliveries
- Involvement in early review of business requirements and acceptance criteria to build in quality
- Support the continuous improvement of the QA processes and documentation including review, evaluation and improvement of new and existing test processes and documentation
- Ensuring the Head of QA is kept informed of progress including any issues or escalations that are required
- Experience of working in Agile environments
- Experience working with third parties and clients
Key Requirements for this Role:
- 4+ years of related experience in QA testing in financial services or a Software as a Service environment
- Experience with manual System and SIT testing is a must
- API testing is a must preferably using Postman but not exclusively
- Some exposure to non-functional and security testing would be an advantage
- Experience in testing content created with the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server, SSRS, Power BI)
- An understanding of finance and accounting concepts and terminology and have excellent mathematical skills is desirable
- The logical approach to problem-solving includes the ability to identify inaccuracies in data or system performance, and the ability to assist in prescribing solutions to identified problems.
- Experience working with J-unit and N-unit is a major plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) practices ( Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience in technical and functional aspects of web applications testing usage of Selenium IDE
- Knowledge in Protractor and other automation testing tools is a good to have
- The ability to build automation frameworks from scratch and being confident to manage all aspects of the framework
- Experience using Jira, Azure DevOps and other tools and systems.
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and efficiently with team members, with strong English communication both written and spoken