Our Partner is the world’s leading platform for integrated safety & security management. Our software supports a vast range of use cases including evacuations of major cities, counter-terrorism, national security, responses to floods, and corporate continuity/enterprise resilience.
Manage any incident, big or small which is an integrated platform for crisis & emergency management, work safety, business continuity, & operational security.
As a Quality Engineer, you are responsible for individual initiative testing, also responsible for testing software releases to ensure the quality outcomes are still met once deployed in an integrated environment The scope of testing for this role includes functional, automation & non-functional aspects of testing. With more focus on practicing Agile test methodologies during Sprint & Release testing, building automation test suites, and identifying bottlenecks earlier in the SDLC
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Engineering teams in writing testable code, unit test best practices, and other agile testing practices for writing high-quality code.
- Be adept in driving the quality aspects of the product by using Agile Test Methodologies during the Release Planning
- Work with the Engineering teams in contributing to the Quality statements and drive the plan estimates for the sprints
- Contribute to the enhancement of Automation Framework/Tooling. Adopt the best practices which need to be followed in terms of Automation Testing
- Assist in identifying the candidates for automation (both UI & API) and work on building the same during/after the sprint in BDD format
- Assist in identifying the candidates for Non-Functional Testing (Performance/Security) and work to get it added to the regression suite
- Contribute to change risk analysis on release candidates to identify and communicate the risks associated with releasing, and mitigation strategies to compensate.
- Assist with the testing of release candidates to provide assurance that the quality outcomes are still met once deployed in an integrated environment.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of 5+ years direct experience as a Quality Engineer for major application integration and/or major application product release
- Extensive experience with testing cloud/web-based software applications using Agile Test Methodologies
- Experience in the following test tools:
- BDD - Cucumber (WDIO Plugin)
- JMeter/K6 (Performance Testing, Execution & Reporting)
- Taurus (Wrapper for CI/CD)
- Strong experience with Non-Functional Testing methodologies (mainly Performance & Security testing)
- Nice to have good CI/CD & AWS experience
- Ability to build/execute/validate/report Automation Tests (both UI & API) across various browsers & Mobile Devices
- Ability to build/execute/validate/report Performance Tests (both UI & API)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with test management tools (for example XRay)
- Ability to understand the principles behind the Agile approach to software development.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal Communications.
- Ability to explain at a basic level how changing conditions, current events, and historical contexts influence the quality of a release and the product.
- Should have good judgment and decision-making skills; responsible and motivated; passionate about learning new things.