Our Partner International Funds Limited (MIFL) is a management company that undertakes significant proprietary R&D and collaborates with selected international partners, leveraging on its open innovation platform and proprietary process (MedInSynC®), with a view towards developing in house solutions tailored to meet clients’ needs
As an established organisation setting up operations in Bangalore, we are seeking highly skilled, professional and committed people who understand the importance of our service to customers across the world and our environmental responsibility.
The Senior Data Analyst provides strategic, analytical, and technical support for data analysis activities. The analyst leverages data to gain key insight into business opportunities, and effectively presents these insights to business stakeholders. The analyst is also heavily involved with the distribution and successful delivery of all analytics reports, dashboards and applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates structured and highly engaging visual dashboards using Our Partner’s business intelligence tools (Microsoft PowerBI)
- Works with business and technical delivery teams to analyse large scale data sets.
- Gathers and documents end-user requirements for analytical and ad-hoc reporting solutions (Agile methodology)
- Creates appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Aids in the development of business processes and policies to support and manage the data reporting environment.
- Extrapolates data by using advanced computerised models and contributes to a data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works with our Data Governance team in ensuring we comply with our data governance policy/procedures.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Should have experience with data analysis tools and reporting also experience with RDBMS and dimensional data modelling.
- Detailed knowledge of SQL as well as advanced DAX skills including the generation of calculated columns, computed tables and dynamic measures in Power BI
- A strong understanding of best practices in relation to the visualization and communication of business data and data storytelling
- The ability to implement row-level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and optimization or enhancement of existing reports in Power BI
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile methodology experience preferable)
- Should have experience in the Power BI (required), Azure DevOps (or similar required), Azure Data Factory (or similar required)
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning them into functional requirements that addresses difficult analytical challenges
- Experience in solving data analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies
- Knowledge of machine learning and data mining concepts is a distinct advantage
- Experience in data governance, as well as GDPR and legal and fiduciary expectations a strong advantage
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- 8+ years of professional experience in business analytics
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions
- Financial services experience specifically capital markets or funds industry is preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them to interpret the results and make effective decisions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of IT skills, data governance skills, and analytics skills with a technical or computer science degree.
Joining Our Partner will give you a fantastic opportunity to work in the most innovative space in an already innovative fast-growing company, rapidly adding achievements to your portfolio and playing a pivotal role in the growth of the organisation.