Our Partner International Funds Limited (MIFL) is a management company that undertakes significant proprietary R&D and collaborates with selected international partners, leveraging on its open innovation platform and proprietary process (MedInSynC®), with a view towards developing in-house solutions tailored to meet clients’ needs.
As an established organisation setting up operations in Bangalore, we are seeking highly-skilled, professional and committed people who understand the importance of our service to customers across the world and our environmental responsibility.
The Senior Data Engineer role will include building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production similar to a data engineer. In addition to this, however, the senior data engineer would also be required to manage the technical delivery of the project, lead the overall development effort and ensure timely and quality delivery.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Data Engineering Manager to devise strategy, goals, and process improvements.
- Drive the implementation of cloud data warehousing best practices across the team.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines using Azure Data Factory.
- Write complex SQL stored procedures and ensure their stability, reliability, and performance in Snowflake through robust testing.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and lead the team in finding and implementing solutions.
- Work with our Data Governance team in ensuring we comply with our data governance policy/procedures
- Maintain data pipelines, measuring performance and ensuring good data quality by implementing adequate monitoring.
- Maintains required documents to support maintenance and knowledge building.
- Works with our Data Governance team in ensuring we comply with our data governance policy/procedures
- Works alongside multiple stakeholders with competing priorities and ensures robust documentation management.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management.
- Strong experience with popular data warehousing and data integration technologies such as Snowflake, SQL Server, T/SQL, SSIS, or Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with Snowflake, PowerBI, Python or similar scripting language is advantageous.
- Strong experience in working with large, heterogeneous datasets in building and optimizing data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional data integration technologies.
- Solid project management skills coordinating multiple initiatives in parallel. Experience of Agile Scrum a distinct advantage
- Should have experience in ELT/ETL, data replication/CDC, message-oriented data movement, API design and access and up and coming data ingestion and integration technologies.
- Strong experience in working with and optimizing existing ELT/ETL processes and data integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production.
- Adept in agile methodologies and capable of applying DevOps principles to data pipelines to improve the communication, integration, reuse and automation of data flow between data managers and consumers across an organization.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Azure and/or Snowflake certifications preferred
- 7 years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modelling, optimization and data quality. This experience must include cloud technologies such as Snowflake; Azure SQL; Synapse; Redshift, GCP or similar
- 3 years of experience as a tech lead or similar, leading and managing the technical delivery of projects.
- 6 years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of Data Engineers.
- Extensive experience with Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, and SQL stored procedures.
- Excellent understanding of cloud data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken is crucial
Joining Our Partner will give you a fantastic opportunity to work in the most innovative space in an already innovative fast-growing company, rapidly adding achievements to your portfolio and playing a pivotal role in the organisation's growth.