At The Scalers, we aim to foster great work environments that are collaborative, friendly and fun. Facilities Management brings our workspace to life as you oversee the set-up and management of our future office space. While roles with similar names at other companies can be far more mundane, you're a creative, organised customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently.
You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world's most cutting edge innovations.
As the Facilities Manager, you will oversee the set-up of our first independent office and future real-estate projects.
You'll be responsible for the development and oversight of the operating budget, from the development of the annual plan to execution while validating everything with your Ops and Finance stakeholders as well as creating weekly status reports. You'll drive efficiency and be a good steward to The Scalers by ensuring we uphold contracts and religiously manage SLAs. You'll work with other leaders across The Scalers to develop plans including resiliency, long-term real estate development, strategic portfolio planning and operational efficiencies, etc.
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments.
- Create and manage a framework for the successful upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Set up and manage admin, facilities, transport, travel & general on-site requirements
- Own and maintain organization of office operations, procedures, and compliances (create and train and run teams in charge of site inspection/floorwalks to determine the need for repairs or renovations)
- Be the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the execution of operational activities related to the building (Event Management, Travel Booking)
- Be responsible for services and agreements with vendors: provide strategic direction and leadership to facilities teams (in-sourced and extended) who will oversee building operations (repairs and maintenance, HVAC, janitorial, general repairs, procurement of Stationery, entering /renewing AMCs, managing landlord…)
- Own and manage the daily operations of the site (reception and mail services, occupancy planning and moves, EHS programs…)
- Create and maintain actionable weekly reports, MIS & other documents for the admin department.
- Negotiation with vendors to ensure timely supply & efficient management
- Set up and own security aspects of the site/building: such as CCTV monitoring, first aid certifications and maintenance, transport & site-security
- Raise and maintain flawless Purchase Requests and Orders process coordination with the finance team for the payment
- Oversee materials and inventory management and create weekly reports
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, security staff, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate and continuously review office space allocation according to requirements
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of combined facility management experience and service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management.
- Based in Bangalore, the ideal candidate must be an energetic individual with good customer orientation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-versed in operations and facilities management as well as implementing best practices
- Proven experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards
- Integrity in all business transactions is paramount, The Scalers do not accept ANY deviation from the rules
- Proven record of effecting strategic change and initiatives where prudent.
- Ability to think out of the box and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- Ability to communicate in written format as well as meetings, and ability to travel across the offices in your region.
- Leadership skills, with proven ability to influence at all levels.