Our Partner is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Our Partner’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Our Partner’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Our Partner is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a worldwide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join the Data Science team and help transition data science models to production, in a way that simplifies updates, mitigates risks and reduces maintenance effort.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain our core Python-based web applications used by internal and external clients.
- Help to refine existing products and develop new features using best-practice development standards.
- Align product requirements with non-technical business owners to give development estimates, product feedback.
- Leverage broad technical expertise to solve challenging architecture and design problems.
- Work closely with Data Scientists, engineering, and business owners to design fit-for-purpose architecture.
- Proactively suggests a way of improving current architecture and processes.
- Automate deployment (e.g., with TeamCity), testing (e.g., unit tests, API tests) and other processes.
- Make suggestions to Data Scientists on how to adjust model development processes and approaches to facilitate the path to production.
Key Requirements for this Role:
- 4+ years of strong experience in Python 3.6+.
- Experience with the following Python frameworks: Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Flask, Falcon, Gunicorn, FastAPI.
- Experience with the following AWS services: Lambda, EC2, SageMaker, API Gateway, S3, SQS.
- Experience with the following other frameworks: Docker, Git, TeamCity/Jenkins.
- Experience with the following databases: Snowflake, Redis, other NoSQL databases.
- Ability to balance the need for near-term deployment and longer-term automated approaches to testing and deployment (e.g. CI/CD pipelines).
- Experience in systems design; particularly microservice architectures (development, security, performance, concurrency etc)
Special Requirements for this Role:
- Data science/machine learning experience (fields such as: NLP, CV, forecasting)
- Good to have AWS Certificate (e.g. Solutions Architect, Machine Learning)
- Experience in the financial services industry is a major plus.
- Understanding of private equity/venture capital industry is a major plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to propose creative, efficient, and effective solutions to new types of problems.
Desirable Frameworks for this role:
- Experience with the following Python libraries: Scikit-learn, Open CV, Spacy/Textacy, NLTK, Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Experience with the following AWS services: ECR, ECS, Machine Learning, Load Balancer.
- Experience with the following other frameworks: MLflow, Clear ML, Amundsen, Tecton, neo4j, Kubernetes.
- Experience with the following databases: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, SQL Server, Kafka, Neo4J, other NoSQL databases.
Joining Our Partner will give you a fantastic opportunity to work in the most innovative space in an already innovative fast-growing company, rapidly adding achievements to your portfolio and playing a pivotal role in the disruption of private investment markets.