Our Client is the leading source of data and intelligence for the Investment industry. Headquartered in London and with 8 global offices, our products and services are utilized by more than 60,000 professionals located in over 90 countries.
We are seeking a meticulous, organized and confident Scrum Master with excellent communication skills. You’ll need a keen eye for the detail and the big picture.
As a Scrum master we need must be experienced in managing multiple teams and projects, and report on them efficiently.
Heading up our Scrum Master here’s what you can expect:
- Be responsible for promoting, and ensuring that teams live up to agile values and principles.
- Work closely with global IT Project Managers and on-site Functional Managers, in the implementation of a common vision and a medium-term plan to achieve software development excellence.
- Ability to coach and mentor product owners and development teams to efficiently define and achieve scrum goals and release plans.
- Ensure continuous learning and ongoing professional development across the scrum teams. Bridge the gap between conceptualizing and actioning business requirements within teams.
- Monitor and accurately report on the performance and health of the scrum teams to the International HQ.
- Work closely with lead engineers to implement key decisions, provide tactical direction and mentorship.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote and support TDD engineering practices that result in high-quality deliverables.
- Promote continuous integration, automation, and delivery that result in increased efficiency.
- Implement and coach the development teams in agile metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Motivate and inspire multiple teams, to help maximize their potential.
- Coach the development team members in the implementation of Professional Scrum across single team projects as well as globally remote multi-team projects.
- Ensure time-boxes and artifact ownership are understood and adhered to.
- Facilitate and guide Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives for multiple teams, ensuring excellent communication within and across teams.
- Participate in project planning with globally remote stakeholders for various projects and feature-sets.
- Create high-quality reports and maintain regular communication with global IT Project Managers in order to ensure maximum oversight in offshore projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience efficiently facilitating project meetings, daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Thorough understanding of the difference between Scrum and Professional Scrum implementation to avoid common agile development pitfalls.
- Thoroughly understand Professional Scrum implementation in order to coach and facilitate the growth of high performing; self-organizing; cross-functional; feature teams.
- Experience coaching development teams to appreciate and embody the SCRUM Values.
- Skilled at defining and implementing agile metrics to drive performance improvements and improve software quality.
- Understand the importance of fundamental sprint metrics such as velocity, to aide release planning and project control.
- Experience working in scaled scrum frameworks such as Nexus, LESS and SAFE is a huge advantage
- Experience as a single Scrum Master across multi-team projects is a significant must
Special Requirements for the Role
- Extensive experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record supporting the delivery of high-quality products efficiently and effectively.
- 5+ years previous experience
- Be a self-starter, a problem solver, with a positive attitude and have great attention to detail
- Excellent Communication, Leadership, and Motivational skills.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore product development teams is a significant plus.