Our Partner Asset Management is one of the leading absolute return/hedge fund managers, overseeing assets on behalf of institutional investors from around the world, including pension funds, endowments, insurance companies, government agencies, private banks, and fund of funds.
Our Partner was founded in 2002 and launched its flagship global macro strategy in April 2003. It currently manages over $30bn and engages predominantly in discretionary directional and relative value trading in fixed income and FX markets, as well as the recently launched BH Digital, a division within Our Partner to manage crypto and digital asset strategies.
The firm currently employs over 1,000 personnel worldwide, including over 300 investment professionals. This global presence gives Our Partner the ability to identify and source attractive investment opportunities, as well as investment management talent wherever they may be. Our Partner has won several industry awards for excellence in risk management, operational robustness, and investment performance.
The firm’s main hubs are in London, Jersey, Geneva, New York, Austin, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi.
In the role of a Workday Functional Developer, you will be working as a key stakeholder in ongoing Workday build-out and additional integrations and will be responsible for managing and running all Workday production actions and processes within the business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fix issues or defects in Workday production and respond to queries from onshore HR team investigate and advise on technical solutions to business problems.
- Make configuration changes/enhancements to business processes, reports, and calculated fields to meet business requirements.
- Enact changes to the HR data model incl. organisational hierarchies and custom fields etc. and liaise with other Workday teams (Finance, Procurement, FP&A etc) where there are shared data fields.
- Manage “Move to Production” process for all types of changes, including collecting, tracking, prioritising, scheduling, testing, and implementing changes.
- Maintain and make changes to security roles and groups in alignment with business design.
- Liaise with onshore HR Workday Support lead to understand business priorities and provide estimates on proposed system changes. Key stakeholder in ongoing Workday build-out and additional integrations
- Ensure Workday processes and controls are compliant with regulatory and statutory requirements with and under direction of Workday Support Lead:
- Identify Workday functionality and value creation opportunities to maximise the potential of the HR Workday instance.
- Review upcoming Workday releases, assess impact of mandatory and non-mandatory changes on existing production build and liaise with onshore Workday Support Lead to make recommendations about functionality adoption.
- Coordinate Workday Service Release Testing and Response for HCM, and coordinate with other Our Partner Workday stakeholders regarding their Service Release testing and response.
- A minimum working experience of 5 years in a Workday Support at an international level incl. HCM, Absence, Recruitment, Advanced Comp, T&;P, and Benefits
- Workday system expertise and experience of leading workday system implementation or supporting Workday in BAU.
- Strong experience of change across project lifecycle and delivery skills within the agreed timelines and familiarity with creating and uploading EIBs.
- Strong Experience of supporting a Workday platform in BAU and collaborating with 3 rd parties e.g. project implementation partners.
- Workday HCM certification is mandatory.
- Strong experience in working with MS Office applications.
- Specific systems knowledge: Workday Adaptive Planning and PRISM modules; other ERP systems; Power BI; JIRA; SharePoint; Whatfix; Concur, Service Now is highly desirable.
- Experience working in an HR role and Familiarity with HR Operations and Recruitment functions is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of managing complex projects with the involvement of multiple stakeholders.
- Workday implementer certification is highly desirable
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken is crucial.
- Should be a natural leader, self-starter, logical thinker, quick learner and have a detail oriented mindset.
- A Customer oriented and innovative mindset to offer the best solutions to the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.