Our Partner, a Our Partner company which was founded on one idea - to empower those who invest in private markets. Private investments that are, well, a little less private and a little more open. With customers at the centre of our decision making, we are building industry-defining products and services for the fintech era, designed to give investors control, clarity, and confidence.
We operate from four offices located in the US and UK with an employee count of 200+ professionals. As an established Fintech company, we are expanding our operations in Bangalore and building our Fund Accounting presence within the existing office. We are recruiting for a Fund Accounting Vice President to work with both India, European and US teams as a prominent lead on key product lines and to share in the growth and development of the Accounting model and Team..
As a Fund Accounting - Vice President you will be part of a high growth, high impact team, focused on the provision of fund accounting and administration services to Our Partner’s portfolio. Reporting to our Head of Fund Accounting, you will support them in the day-to-day management of the wider Fund Accounting team and contribute towards the strategic growth and development of the team. In addition, you will provide a senior level of review of fund accounting deliverables for Our Partner’s clients, ensuring the integrity and high quality of client deliverables is achieved, as well as managing key client and stakeholder relationships.
Key requirement for this role:
- Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant/Equivalent degree a must.
- 10+ years of experience in private equity in multiple sectors (Hedge Funds, FoF, co-invest, credit, secondary, etc.).
- Hands on experience in end to end review of financial statements and PE year-end financial reports.
- Strong understanding of complex private equity fund structures.
- Strong experience working with relevant accounting standards (e.g. one or more of US, UK, Lux GAAP) is mandatory.
- Good exposure in complex calculations and building waterfall models.
- Good knowledge of investor allocations and cap statement review.
- Sound understanding on processing of capital activities.
- Must have sound knowledge and direct experience in computing LCIs, Equalisation and carry models.
- Professional accounting qualification / qualified by experience is essential.
- Proficient user of MS Excel and other MS products (confident with handling large datasets, Pivot tables, sumifs, vlookups – understanding of macros not required).
- A strong leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to motivate, coach and mentor team members in order to maximise their contribution and at the same time build strong, lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading and developing team members in conjunction with other VP leads in Europe and the US, responsible for the delivery of client deliverables in line with SLAs and with a critical focus on quality.
- Partner closely with other teams, and across the business more widely to support and drive forward Our Partner’s operational efficiency, technology-driven automation and change agenda. Collaborate to define Our Partner’s target state operating model with the Head of Fund Accounting.
- To build strong relationships with key client contacts across their Investment Management teams.
- Manage the effective and appropriate communication and escalation of issues both internally and to clients. Act as a point of escalation for senior client members.
- To assist in the onboarding of new client funds, including working closely with clients to understand and provide support on aspects of fund structuring, including but not limited to the administrative implications of onshore and offshore feeders, tax blockers, and parallel master fund structures.
- Review Limited Partnership Agreements, together with other legal, investment and loan agreements and ensure compliance against key terms, covenants and restrictions.
- Provide senior level review support over quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with the relevant accounting standards (UK GAAP, US GAAP, Canadian GAAP and Lux GAAP), investment performance reporting, and other investor deliverables.
- Modelling and ongoing review of complex calculations such as carried interest waterfalls, equalisations, management fees and incentive fee calculations.
- Provide senior level review over complex investment reconciliations, leverage and interest calculations.
- Oversee relationships with auditors and tax advisors to ensure timely completion of audit and tax engagements.
- Act as a point of escalation for operational issues or resolution of complex aspects of the audit.
- Effectively manage, mentor, and motivate individuals in order to drive personal growth and career development of team members, and the operation of a high performing, effective team unit.
- Contribute towards the growth of the business, through participating in RfP submissions, client pitches, and other business development activity.