Our Partner (JHT), is one of the largest fitness equipment manufacturers in the world The company manufactures a wide assortment of fitness equipment for both commercial and residential use, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, exercise bikes and strength training equipment.
Our Partner, headquarters is based in Taiwan, with global product development, marketing and engineering based in Cottage Grove, Wis.
The Web Quality Automation Engineer is responsible for creating the automation scripts that can be used for manual and automatic testing of web services and applications. The tests should thoroughly verify the functionality, performance, and stability of web services and applications to ensure they meet the expectations of the business and the stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases
- Assist team members in testing as needed
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements, and design test
- Develop, document, maintain, and execute automated regression tests
- Isolate, replicate, report defects and verify defect fixes
- Facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Participate in code reviews with peers and provide meaningful feedback
- Follow styles and best practices for automated regression tests
- Work across R&D to build a best-in-customer service approach for the betterment of our
- Work directly with all other global development functions including DQA, console
software, hardware, and other engineering teams for testing and validation of the product
- Seek personal, professional development, especially along the Automation Engineering
skillset, and assist others in their development
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- 4+ years of relevant QA Technical Testing experience
- Experience working with API Testing using Postman is necessary
- Should have working knowledge of Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with Agile testing processes
- Hands-on experience in API Automation testing using any tools is a major plus.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases and to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
- Should have good judgement and decision-making skills; responsible and motivated; passionate about learning new things.
- Solid Automated testing experience in BDD for building Automated frameworks
- The ability to build automation frameworks from scratch and being confident to manage all aspects of the framework
- Exposure to/working knowledge of the Scrum Methodology